Baby Proofing Checklist: Basic items to add to your baby's room
As you begin to plan out your baby’s room, your new bundle of joy is sure to spend quite a bit of time in their nursery. The nursery is the place for your little one to rest and grow, ensure its baby proofed so they can rest comfortably - and as parents can rest comfortably too.
Ideally, parenting experts recommend starting as early as three months before your due date to ensure you give yourself enough time - should your little one decide to come a little early.
Our nursery checklist complete with Dreambaby® products will help you make sure that you have all of the babyproofing essentials covered:
- Position the crib away from windows, free-standing lamps, large furniture and cords
- Pull crib away from other furniture and have a safe distance between
- Install safety guards on the window
- Anchor and secure dressers and furniture to the wall
- Consider using finger pinch guards on doors to prevent finger pinches
- Add a thick carpet or a rug to cushion falls
- Do not keep blankets, pillows or toys in the crib with baby
- Purchase thermometer to ensure baby's room & bathwater is a suitable temperature
To find out more about Dreambaby® products, visit www.dream-baby.com and learn how we help your family grow safely!